Cheshire celebrations to mark the 90th Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen

The local arrangements which have been organised by the Cheshire Local Authorities are as follows:


Warrington Borough Council is hosting a Picnic in the Park in the Garden of the Town Hall on Sunday 12th June between 1pm and 3pm. Warrington residents are all invited to bring their own picnics and join this special Garden Party.


In Halton there will be events in the local parks over the weekend of 11th and 12th June. The focal points for each event will be a brass band in the band stands in both Runcorn Hill and in Widnes at Victoria Park – everyone is encouraged to bring picnics. The event at Runcorn Hill will also include a range of other activities over the weekend.

The Council will support individuals and organisations wishing to organise their own functions by organising road closures for street parties where there is no significant impact on the highway network.

Cheshire East

Cheshire East Borough Council is not organising its own event, but is offering funding totalling £18,000 for communities to come together and celebrate this special occasion. Anyone organising a community party can apply on the Cheshire East website for a grant of up to £100. Information about applying for any necessary road closures can found on the Cheshire East Council Highways page, but these have to be made by April 29th. Visit the Cheshire East Council website for more details.

Cheshire West

In Cheshire West there will be a street party outside the Town Hall in Chester with music organised by Matt Baker. The Chester Triathlon is happening that day and it is also possible that there will be a `hands around the walls’ event. The University are holding an Open Day and will be signposting people to the Town Hall for refreshments, Weaverham Parish Council are holding an event in the community hall, Northwich Summer Extravaganza is on the 11th June, Ellesmere Port are holding a `Love Your Park’ event.

Where roads or streets need to be closed, the Local Authorities have simple procedures to follow and can help with road signs where necessary. For more information on organising a street party visit the Your Guide to organising a street party page on the GOV.UK website.